Take advantage of the effects of sludge hydrolysis.
LysoTherm® is a novel, patented system for thermal disintegration of organic sludge, in particular sewage sludge. Its unique design enables the effective, economical and reliable disintegration of sludge, even in smaller treatment plants (from about 30,000 PE).
The goal: The improvement in the anaerobic stabilisation (digestion) of organic sludge, particularly sewage sludge. This increases the gas yield and consequently the energy gain. At the same time, the organic residue in digested sludge reduces and sludge dewatering improves – the dry matter content (DM) in the dewatered sludge increases. The volume of sewage sludge to be disposed is reduced.
The LysoTherm® operating principle
- Sludge is fed continuously via the sludge pump (feeding pump, 1) into a multistage heat exchanger system.
- The pre-heating takes place in the first stage of the heat exchanger system (2). Then the sludge is heated up to reaction temperature within the tube reactor (3).
- The proper disintegration process takes place at the pre-determined reaction temperature in the disintegration reactor (4), where the sludge usually remains for 30 - 60 minutes. After the disintegration is completed, the sludge is cooled down in the cooling stage (5) to the temperature required for entering the digester; alternatively, it can be mixed with cold primary sludge in order to be cooled down to digestion temperature.
- The system is heated via two heating circuits:
The regenetive circuit (6) uses water heat transfer medium to ensure optimal heat recoveray and covers the essential part of the heat requirement of LysoTherm®.
The thermal oil circuit (7) provides the necessary process heat in the pipe reactor. The process heat is typically recovered from the waste gases of the CHPs.
- Effective, flexible, indirect thermal process for sludge hydrolysis
- Multi-stage heat exchanger system for continuous operation and maximum operational reliability
- No steam required, no entry of additional water into the substrate during heating
- Robust, wear-resistant, space-saving system design
- Standardised modular system
- Low operating costs, in particular low energy costs due to the high heat recovery in the regenerative circuit and the heating of the heat carrier thermal oil through the CHP waste heat
- Easy operation and maintenance
Effective sludge disintegration made easy. Continuously and without steam.
Tel.: +49 751 359785-14send email